The Administration Department is headed by the Chief Administrative Officer, deputized by the Deputy Chief Administrative Officer and assisted by three Assistant Chief Administrative Officers. (One Principal Assistant Secretary in charge of headquarters and two Senior Assistant Secretaries); The Department has 8 Administrative units which include CAO’S office, Human Resource Management, County Administration, Information & public relations, Office Support Services, Assets Management, Records management and Procurement unit.
A well-coordinated, efficient, effective and accountable District.
“To serve the community through the coordinated delivery of services which focus on National priorities and significant local needs in order to promote sustainable development of the District”.
In line with section 64 of the Local Government Act Cap.243, the roles and responsibilities of the Chief Administrative Officer include;
- To supervise, monitor and coordinate the activities of the District and lower council’s employees and departments and ensure accountability and transparency in the management and delivery of the council’s services; develop capacity for development and management of the planning function in the district;
- To be responsible for the implementation of all lawful decisions taken by the district council;
- To give guidance to the local government councils and their departments in the application of the relevant laws and policies;
- To supervise and coordinate the activities of all delegated services and the officers working in those services;
- To have custody of all documents and records of the local government council; act as a liaison officer between the district council and the Government.